Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Hills Are Alive

Christmas in Salzburg.

We decided that if we were not going to spend Christmas with our families, we should spend it in a storybook town in the Alps. The town lived up to my expectations, though I don't think it would be been necessary to spend more than two days site seeing here. Also, our hotel was a bit of a disappointment and we didn't have the most amazing food.

On the food front, I'll forgive the city. Not much was opened on Christmas Eve. We ate in a place that served both curry and traditional Austrian dishes. On Christmas we went to a Mozart concert and diner, the food was passable, but the music was better. It was very touristy. We sat at a table of Americans. It was nice, though, to be able to speak English comfortably for a little while though.

Of course for me – having seen the Sound of Music countless times – I had to re-enact the twirling scene from the beginning of the movie. Kevin was a good sport too, but I wont embarrass him by posting the photos of him running through the hills.

No comments: