Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One Trip Before the Baby Comes

After a small freak-out the other day that I have, "seen everything that I wanted to see," Kevin and I booked a weekend trip to Prague. I though Paris would be my last excursion sans child. But, I'm very excited that we'll fit one more city in. We leave on Thursday and return on Monday morning. I wonder if they celebrate Halloween in the Czech Republic.

Yet, I wonder if this trip will really alleviate my panic. Deep down I know that no matter how much I see or do while living abroad, I'll still come away from the experience feeling like I haven't seen everything I want to see, taste everything I want to taste, and experience the many different cultures and customs.

But, accepting that you can't see everything and taking full advantage of what's at hand is really an important lessen to learn about traveling. (And life in general.) So, I’ll be thankful for the many opportunities I’ve had in the last year and enjoy the weekend.

2 comments:

Jen said...

You've still got plenty of time to travel before the baby comes! There are many great destinations within Germany that you can travel to right up to the end!
However, it is true that no matter how long you live in Europe, your destination list never gets shorter only longer!

vicki said...

Don't stop traveling after the baby arrives! We moved back to Germany in 2006, and we saw a lot when my boys were a babe and a toddler, and just as much, if not more, now that they are Schüler. And Europe is more kid friendly then the US (we're from Chicago).