Friday, October 5, 2007

One Pot and a Frying Pan

I don’t know if it’s because I don’t know that much about German food or because there is a beautiful display of produce on every corner that I feel like cooking here. It may also because I’ve been in flux for so long – still am really if you were to see the state of our furniture-less apartment – that I am trying to create a feeling of home. Or, it could simply be that there is a chill in the air and I want to have something warm and delicious. Whatever it is, I am much more interested in making dinner at home than I am to go out right now.

This desire has presented a bit of a challenge if you consider what I have: a frying pan, a pot, two plates, bowls, and cups, a knife and cutting board, a colander, and a rag-tag mix of random utensils.

Last night it was sausage (I am in Germany after all) and eggs. Tonight yellow lentil soup – with more sausage. Though the meals may be simple and fit into one pot (or pan) they have done they have been hardy and tasty – exactly what I was looking for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do all Germans cook the whole meal in one pan? Didn't Grampa Webber cook all his meals in one pan (skillet-super)?

Erin said...

Aunt Nancy just told me that Grandpa Weber was also known to boil his sausages.