Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Starting to Settle In

Two good things happened today. First, we got word that our container cleared customs. The representative from the shipping agency originally told me that it usually takes six to eight weeks for shipments to arrive – which meant that we could have been furniture-less until the first week of November.

I’d love to be one of those people who doesn’t care about possessions, but I’m not like that. I love my stuff and have been walking around the apartment contemplating what will go where. And every night as I hunker down on the air mattress I wistfully recall the queen-sized pillow-top cloud of sleeping wonder that is sitting in a container somewhere in the port of Bonn.

The other good new of the day is that I registered for my German lessons. Starting October 29 classes will begin – five hours a day for two months. I can’t wait! I believe that so much will open up to us once I can communicate even a little bit.

No comments: