Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The Back Story

My (brand-spankin’ new) husband and I decided to move to Bonn Germany for two years. He got a job working for a cell phone company and I thought it would be crazy for us not to take this opportunity. Living in Europe, how excited was I? (Not to mention the fact that I would have to leave my job.)

I didn’t spend a semester abroad in college and, in retrospect, regret not having done that. Now I get to spend an extended period of time eating, traveling, studying, and writing. I expect to get more out of my time here now then I would have when I was 20-years old.

So, we packed up our house, sold the cars, and loaded my two cats into carriers (after many trips to the vet, numerous calls to the airline and government agencies, and a fair amount of stress on the part of my father). This is my account of what happens next: two Americans living and eating their way through two years abroad.

No comments: