Friday, November 14, 2008

The Count Down Begins

I hate moving. The process is such a pain in the neck. It feels like Kevin and I just got our German lives sorted out. Now we're trying to figure out how to cancel our utilities, making appointments with the realtor who is trying to get our apartment rented by January so we don't have to pay an extra month's rent, and finishing up projects at work before we take off.

At the same time we are making time to get together with friends, prepare for visitors, and plan a Thanksgiving/going away dinner fest.

In the mist of all of this, we are also working to get our life back in Raleigh organized. I already have doctor's appointments scheduled so I don't have to miss a singe visit. I've also make a date to visit the hospital where I plan to deliver and finally have found a birthing class. We've started researching what kind of cars we should buy. Our tenant has been informed and now that we have a confirmed move-out date we can make arrangements to have our things moved out of storage.

It's funny to think that a few weeks ago I was looking forward to holing up in our apartment for a few months with the new baby. Now, I am looking forward to the same few months, but everything else about the picture will be totally different.

1 comment:

vicki said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are moving back to the US. It's probably the right decision for you, but I'm a new reader of your blog and will miss it. Does your husband work for Siemens? I ask, because my husband works for Siemens in Erlangen, and if we were to move back, we would probably end up in NC too.