Thursday, January 15, 2009

Book Clubin'

One thing that I really missed in Germany was being part of a book club. Although I knew a few great English-speaking women by the time that I left, I was never able to get a group started.

In New York, a few friends and I started our own group in 1998. Members have come and gone, but the group has been meeting faithfully ever since. It makes me extra happy to know that they are still meeting years after I left.

When I moved to Raleigh I was extraordinary lucky to be invited to join the book club of one of Kevin's co-workers. They are a great group of women, who read interesting books and always have lively conversations.

A few weeks after moving back to Raleigh, I was happy to be able to go back to book club. And, demonstrating what a great group of women they are, they suspended their regularly scheduled meeting last night for a baby-shower book club. Now Enzo (the baby's working title) is stocked up with an awesome collection of baby books.

No comments: