Friday, August 15, 2008

Event Planing in Bonn

Since arriving in Bonn, most events that I've attended I've learned about through word of mouth. This has been pretty fruitful so far. I have heard about plenty of cool things this way, such as the Beer Exchange, Rhine in Flames, horse races, and soccer games.

Other events I've just happened upon by accident. Especially during Carnival season, which lasts from November through the beginning of February, it seemed like every weekend the public squares were alight with music, dancers, and of course beer stalls.

The problem is, these two methods leave me missing plenty of events that I’m sure I’d find interesting. I know, I know: I should be reading the local paper, practicing my German and finding out what's going on at the same time. But that's not a reliable method of information gathering yet.

Today, however I found a great English-language Web site that lists a calendar of events in Bonn. The Bonn Region tourist site offers a complete list of what's coming up in the area.

Tomorrow we're going to check out the flea market in the Rheinaue Park. Granted, I learned about the flea market through someone at IFOAM. But I found the new site all on my own while searching for additional details about the market.

1 comment:

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Wow, that sounds like lotsa fun! Hope to your story on the events when you return.