Saturday, September 6, 2008

Beer School on Hiatus

I've decided to take a break for writing my beer school posts. Kevin hasn't been trying a lot of new beers lately. He's lost his best drinking buddy: Me.

That's right. For five months now I haven't has a drop of brew. The reason is because I'm pregnant.

Our search for the best beer has been replaced with trying to find a crib (they are all so low), testing strollers (are four wheels or three wheels better), and wondering how easy it will be to find a birthing class in English speaking (I think it's not going to happen).

Over the next few months, I'll still write about exceptional beers that Kevin comes across in our travels, but I can't promise a weekly post. Also, you'll probably discover more posts about how we navigate our way through pregnancy "auf Deutch."

7 comments:

C N Heidelberg said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's fabulous news!

You'll have to learn all the really sexy vocabulary now, like "Brustwarzen" (literally breast-warts) which means nipples.

G in Berlin said...

Congratulations!

Have I seen your name on the Whiney Expat Blogger Meet-Up in Bremen list? Do you know about it?

Diane Mandy said...

Congratulations!

Erin said...

Thanks for all the well wishes!

Jen said...

Congratulations! I am also in the midst of deciphering pregnancy in Bonn, Germany (I'm 6.5 months along). I'm still muddling through it all but I'd be more than glad to share the knowledge I've gathered thus far!

UhlWolf said...

As a father of a 13 month old son. Here is the secret I learned. If you want best and easiest stroller setup look at doing the following if you use a car allot. Get at car seat with a detachable base. Then buy a stroller frame for your car seat. Ours was a $50 generic stroller base. Until the little one exceeds the weight rating for the infant seat you are golden. All you have to do is unclip your sleeping wonder’s seat from the car and clip it to the stroller frame. You don’t have to actually move the child and wake him/her. Also it gives you time to figure out if your more of a sling mom or how large of a stroller really need.
My sister gifted us with a Bugaboo Camlin. Great stroller, if you are going to be on foot a lot. The suspension system is fabulous with great steering control. Also as a 6’2” father with a 5’2” wife the adjustable height handles helps my back and hers. The perram of the Bugabo was our little one’s bed for the first 3 months.
The cheap stroller frame unit with the car seat was the best for hopping in and out of the car. For long walking travels find a unit with a good suspension system with a peram setting / module would be what I recommend.
-Oh ya and Congratulations!