Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Guests Arrive

This morning Kevin and I went to the airport in Frankfurt to pick up his parents. They are visiting for a few weeks, which means:

a. A fresh supply of goodies from the states. (Chocolate chips and baking powder for me; running shoes for Kevin.)
b. A road trip. (We're going to Paris on Saturday; expect lots of great food and travel posts from that journey. I can already taste the duck confit already.)
c. I get to be a tourist in my own town.

No matter where I've lived I always enjoying showing where I live to out-of-town guests. You really get a different sense of where you live when you are pointing out all of your favorite places, giving advice on what to avoid, and sharing your owns secrete tips. (Like, for example, you don't have to wait for this light if you walk to the next block and use the cross walk.)

This afternoon I took Kevin's parents on the grand tour d'Bad Godesburg. That included a trip to Mr. Baker, Woolworth’s (yes, that Woolworth’s, which is just like you remember), the park, the grocery store, and the butcher.

1 comment:

Diane Mandy said...

Even though I've made hometown tours with 16 people this year, I don't get tired of it because I find out-of-town guests' reaction inspiring. We really do live in a wonderful spot. Enjoy your company!