Thursday, September 18, 2008

Back on the Road

Even though it feels like I just got home from Greece, I'm off again this weekend. This time I'm headed to the mountains outside of Salzburg, Austria for a wedding.

Kevin and I visited Salzburg over Christmas and it was beautiful -- but really cold. Despite the recent blast of Siberian air over Bonn (that's the truth, there is a cold front bring air from Siberia) I don't expect the same frigid temperatures this weekend.

Though cities are often travel destinations, I love weekends planned to explore a small town in the country. I am excited to see what the countryside looks like. Our hotel is on a lake surrounded by the Alps. Maybe I'll feel up to a hike. I certainly wont rule out the possibility of more Sound-of-Music running and twirling antics.

2 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

I'll be in Salzburg this weekend, too!

Erin said...

I hope you had a wonderful trip. The wedding that I attended was great.