Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Am I an Internet Addict?

I'm sad to report the answer to yes! I discovered the depth of my addiction yesterday when my service was out for most of the day.

I currently use the Internet to --among other things -- write my blog posts, send and receive e-mails, read the newspaper, look for work and communicate with clients, research projects, talk on the phone, listen to the radio, watch TV, and make plans.

I am also constantly Googling to satisfy any curiosities or flights of fancy. I can't tell you how many time Kevin and I open one of our computers to answer a question that comes up in the course of a conversation.

What's in Cassoulet? (Duck legs, bacon, sausage, vegetables, and white beans.) Where are the Balkans? (Between the Adriatic Sea and the Black Sea, and includes Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro, and part of Turkey). How many people in the world speak German? (98,000,000)

All this begs the question. What did people do before they had access to all this information?

2 comments:

Jul said...

That's a lot of German speakers!

Yeah, I guess before the internet, people just had to stay ignorant in those situations. :)

Diane Mandy said...

nkGood question! Now I know I am in fine company because I am also an Internett addict.