Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mixin' Things Up

Sometimes routines are good. They shape our lives and give us much needed structure. Other times routines create ruts, and it's good to get out at a different time of days, avoid your normal routes, and see things from a different perspective.

Usually I get up, write my blog posts, take care of business at home, and don't venture out of the house until later in the day. I've joked with Kevin that everything I'm on the train it's over run with teenagers on their way home from school.

Today, however, I left the house early. I wanted to get to the market in Bad-Godesburg in the morning with plenty of time to run to another shop if I couldn't find everything on my list. In the morning it's whole different world out there. With the teens still in school, the town buzzed with other errand runners -- mostly Moms and old people. It was nice to see a different group of people, interacting with the town in an entirely different way.

2 comments:

coco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coco said...

hi Erin,as I am in the middle of a hunt for an appartment to live for myself , would like to ask you for a recommandation on where to live around bad godesberg because as much as I have seen during my hunt, half of the Bonn is called bad godesberg:) there seems to be many options in plittersdorf, and i cant be sure if it is a favorable living area. being close to the train station is like a must for me.would like to know where you would recommand.