Friday, July 18, 2008

Belgium for the Weekend?

Well, Kevin and I planned to go to the Mosel Valley camping this weekend. But, the weather report predicts rain and temperatures in the 60s all weekend. While I'm not one to plan my life around the weather, the thought of sleeping on the soggy ground for two days is entirely unappealing.

This morning I went online to search for an alternative plan. Looks like the travel gods may be working in my favor today. Turns out there is a huge festival in Ghent, Belgium that starts tomorrow. It’s called the Gentse Feesten (Ghent Festival), and takes place ever year for ten days in the middle of July. The event is actually four festival mashed together, the Blue Note Jazz Festival, the International Street Theater Festival, the International Puppet Festival, and 10 Days Off, a dance festival (I think that's club dancing, not ballet).

Ghent, a city I wanted to visit anyway, is about a two and a half hour drive from our house. Now I'm just need to try to pull together the lose strings. I'll update you tomorrow or Monday with whether or not I was able to pull off the trip.

1 comment:

Call me A.S for AkiraSabine said...

Guten Reisen!
Looking forward to reading about your trip.