Monday, July 14, 2008

At Home for the Weekend

After being away, or preparing to be away, since the beginning of June, by the time the weekend rolled around I was happy to stick closer to home for a change. Friday was cold and rainy, so Kevin and I stayed home, hunkered down on the couch, and started watching the second season of Prison Break. We got the first season as a Christmas present and had been anxiously waiting to find out what happens next.

On Saturday morning we ran errands and stocked up on some essentials. The market in downtown Bonn was overflowing with local produce, and we spent the rest of the weekend working our way through pints of sweet, dark cherries and over-sized blueberries. Saturday evening we met up with friends at the movies theater in Bad-Godesburg to watch the new Will Smith movie, Hancock. (The movie wasn't the best, but it we really enjoyed the outing, which concluded with our favorite falafel sandwiches and fries.)

On Sunday morning we headed across the river for a hike in the Seibenburg nature park. Here, we spotted a buck, which is only the second time we've seen a deer in Germany. But the real highlights of the trip were the gigantic, prehistoric-looking orange slugs.

5 comments:

Schokolade Mädchen said...

Man, those things are huge!
I didn't get a chance to watch Prison Break but when I lived in Munich, I totally got hooked on the Lost series.

Erin said...

Lost was on when I first arrived in Germany. But, since I missed the bulk of the first season, every time I tried to watch it I couldn't figure out what was going on. I guess I'll have to wait to watch it from the beginning on DVD.

Schokolade Mädchen said...

I watched it online.
Go to www.alluc.org!
They have every episode.
Check out WEEDS - hilarious:)

Erin said...

OMG! That's the best tip ever. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

University of California at Santa Cruz’s mascot is the Banna Slug. Same thing only Yellow. www.ucsc.edu