Thursday, May 15, 2008

American Products

Lidl, a discount supermarket chain, had the funnies display of "American Products" this week. Some of the items they offered were only "American" because they came in red, white, and blue packaging. Others, though, appeared to be the real deal. I happily stocked up on peanut butter and pecans. (This was my first pecan siting since setting foot on the continent.)

For the first time in weeks I don't have any trips planned this weekend. Instead Kevin and I are staying home and having people in for dinner. It's been a long time since I cooked for company. And now with my American stash I feel I am now having trouble deciding what kind of pie to make dessert. Also, I found funny napkins with American flags and the New York skyline.

2 comments:

Snooker said...

Three cheers for Lidl... I'll have to head over there soon!

Erin said...

Have fun. You never know whay you make find.