Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Greening Up My Pepper White

The decision to move to Germany meant that I had to sell my Mini Cooper. I was sad for a while, but now that I’ve replaced it with a new vehicle – the City 200 – I’m happy as a clam.

Here’s a list of similarities. Both:
• Are pepper white
• Have very small trunks
• Are more fun in good weather
• Fit into tight parking spots
• Are built with superior German engineering
• Allow me to feel the wind in my hair
• Are great in the city, but get a little uncomfortable after a long ride

And while the Mini got great gas mileage, I do like knowing that I have done one more thing to reduce my carbon footprint.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin -

Hope you don't mind that Colleen shared your website with me. I lived in Konstanz, Germany during my junior year abroad in College. Your blog is bringing back memories - especially this post, as I too had a beloved bicycle while in Germany. It was very used and was bright orange. I bought it for 15 marks and while it had a continually flat rear tire, it got around fine!

I hope you enjoy your time in Germany. Travel around extensively if you can - Germany has a lot to offer!

Jenika

Anonymous said...

Doug is so proud of you!

Betsy

Anonymous said...

Down-sizing from the Mini Cooper - very impressive! I guess the only real differnce is the heater.

Colleen