Saturday, February 23, 2008

The World Is Small ... But Not the Same

With Skype, CNN international, streaming radio through iTunes, the New York Times online, e-mail, and IM it's easy to stay connected to what's going on back in the states. So easy, in fact, that some days I can almost forget that I'm in another country.

Here's a list a short list of reminders that I'm living in a different culture:
• No speed limits
• Beer is cheaper than water
• The yogurt section in the grocery store takes an entire aisle – or two
• The sheer variety of sausage
• No closets
• The ability to get to another country in a couple of hours
• Retail Saturdays, followed by quite Sunday

2 comments:

Irene & Dave said...

You're right on! I must also mention that the BEER is, by a long shot, better than the U.S. beer and the 'Imported' beer. You have no idea how much I miss it!

Plus...the yogurt is the bombdigity over there...smooth and creamy, think yet light...I haven't been able to replicate it any where here in the States...

Enjoy the simple things as well as everything else...oh yeah...the bread is to die for too!

Miss you!

Erin said...

The beer and the bread are spectacular! I can't comment on the yogurt myself -- I've never liked the stuff -- but Kevin is a huge fan of the yogurt with wheat germ.