Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perfect Dinner

People keep telling me that a great way to improve my German is by watching T.V. The problem is, German T.V. is generally pretty terrible. I can't stand watching English-language programming that has been dubbed over in German and original German programming seems like low-budget soap operas. Recently I found one German program that I not only can sit through, but that I actually enjoy.

Das Perfekete Dinner (The Perfect Dinner) is a reality cooking show. In it five contestants have to host a dinner party, with each person cooking on a different day. The contestants then get to rate each dinner – from the taste of the food, to the decor, to how long they had to wait for dessert.

Even though I only understand a few words, I love to see the people chatting so nicely during the dinner . . . then give their comments in private.

No comments: