Friday, February 22, 2008

Mini Fridge Maintenance Mean Biscuit Bakin'

Is that a dishwasher under my counter? Why no, that's my refrigerator! I know...the fridge in your dorm room was bigger, right?

And here's the real kicker: You'd think it would be easy to keep such a small fridge in order, but the opposite is true. It's hard to see anything in there. Small packages (all that will fit) get lost in the back of the tiny shelves.

Yesterday, while taking inventory I discovered a cup of buttermilk. It had to be used immediately or throw out. This was the best excuse I was going to get to make another batch of the biscuits that I blogged about at the beginning of the month.

This time I brushed the tops with olive oil (we were running low on butter) to achieved the glossy effect missing from the first batch. However, I overworked the dough and the final product was a bit tougher than I would have liked. I guess this means my biscuit quest is not yet over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In our experience we find that most after hours emergency commercial refrigeration service calls are due to lack of proper maintenance. Failure to properly maintain coolers and freezers will lead to various unpleasant outcomes. Poorly maintained equipment uses more power to maintain temperatures. It's also prone to premature failure of critical components. These failures usually occur at the worst possible times like nights and weekends. Repairs cost significantly more after hours or on weekends compared to during regular business hours. A Solid Maintenance Plan Can Prevent Commercial Refrigeration Repairs The following scenario is a case in point. We received a request for emergency commercial refrigeration service at a customer lounge in O'Hare Airport on Saturday 10/26/13. The client requested repairs on a two door cooler in their kitchen. We let the client know that services come at a premium on weekends and explained our labor rates
commercial refrigerators fridge repairs Melbourne